SUPPLEMENTAL CALIFORNIA (CCPA) PRIVACY NOTICE
- RIGHT TO KNOW
- RIGHT TO REQUEST DELETION
- RIGHT TO NONDISCRIMINATION
- RIGHT TO OPT-OUT OR OPT-IN OF SALE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- SUBMISSION OF REQUESTS TO KNOW AND/OR REQUESTS TO DELETE
- PERSONAL INFORMATION WE REQUEST
- HOW WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
- HOW WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION
- HOW WE SHARE PERSONAL INFORMATION
- DISCLOSURES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION FOR A BUSINESS PURPOSE
- SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- OTHER CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
LAST UPDATED 2022-01-25
RIGHT TO KNOW
Subject to certain limits, you may ask us to provide you with the following information for the 12-month period preceding your request:
- The categories of Personal Information we collected;
- The categories of sources from which the Personal Information was collected;
- The business or commercial purposes for collecting Personal Information;
- The categories of third parties with whom we shared the Personal Information;
- The specific pieces of Personal Information we collected about you (also called a data portability request);
- If we disclosed Personal Information for a business purpose, a list of the disclosures for a business purpose and the Personal Information categories that each category of recipient purchased.
You may make no more than two requests for information in a 12-month period.
RIGHT TO REQUEST DELETION
You may also ask us to delete any Personal Information that we have collected from you. Under the CCPA, we are not required to delete Personal Information that is necessary to: provide our services; detect security incidents; protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity; debug to identify and repair errors that impair our sites and/or services; enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with your expectations based on your relationship with us; comply with a legal obligation; or use Personal Information internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided it.
RIGHT TO NONDISCRIMINATION
We will not discriminate against you for exercising your rights under the CCPA, including by:
- Denying you good or services;
- Charging you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits or through imposing penalties;
- Providing you a different level or quality of goods or services; or
- Suggesting that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods.
However, the CCPA permits us to offer you certain financial incentives that can result in different prices, rates, or quality levels, which are related to the value of your Personal Information. Participation in a financial incentive program requires your prior opt-in consent, which you may revoke at any time.
RIGHT TO OPT-OUT OR OPT-IN OF SALE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
The CCPA does grant consumers rights with respect to the sale of their Personal Information. If you are 16 years of age or older, you have the right to direct companies not to sell your Personal Information at any time. If you are between 13 and 16 years of age, your Personal Information can only be sold by companies that you affirmatively authorize to sell your Personal Information. If you are less than 13 years of age, your Personal Information can only be sold by companies that your parent or legal guardian affirmatively authorizes to sell your Personal Information. Continued (including its website, any mobile applications, and services included therein) is intended for a general audience and is not intended for use or view by children under 13 years of age, and we do not knowingly collect information about children or sell products to children. Consistent with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act, we will not knowingly collect any information from children under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, you must ask your parent or guardian to assist you in using the System. Furthermore, we may restrict entries to any contests, sweepstakes, or promotions to entrants who are at least 18 years of age.
Consumers who opt in to Personal Information to Personal Information sales may opt out of future sales at any time.
SUBMISSION OF REQUESTS TO KNOW AND/OR REQUESTS TO DELETE
You may submit a request to know or a request to delete:
- Submitting this online form; or
- By submitting an email request to email@example.com.
We are required to verify your identity before responding to a request to know or a request to delete. If you have a password-protected account with us, we may verify your identity through our existing authentication practices for your account. To verify your identity, there will be a multifactor authentication for deletions. If you indicate on the online form that you would like to delete your records, we will require you to complete the email address field that matches your account email. A verification email will then be sent to that email address. You will need to respond to the email within 10 days before we can process your request. If the multifactor authentication is not complete in that timeframe, we will treat the deletion request as an opt out request instead.
Please note that following your verified request, we will send you your Personal Information from the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Any response to your request, including any Personal Information, may be sent as an encrypted file.
Generally, we will process and respond to your request within 45 days. As permitted by the CCPA, if we need more time to respond, we will tell you why and our time to respond will be extended by an additional 45 days (up to 90 days total).
Once you have submitted a request, we will send you a receipt acknowledging your request within 10 days. Please be sure to check your email spam folder or filter for this receipt. If you do not receive such a receipt within 10 days of your submitted request, please send an email to us at email@example.com because an error may have occurred.
You also have the right to designate an agent to exercise these rights on your behalf. We may require proof that you have designated an agent to exercise these rights on your behalf and to verify your identity directly with us. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information if you wish to submit a request through an authorized agent.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE REQUEST
|Identifiers||A real name, alias, postal address, email address, unique personal identifier, Internet Protocol address, account name, Social Security number, driver’s license number, passport number, current or past job history, or other similar identifiers||YES|
|Personal Information categories listed in California Consumer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code §1798.80(e))||A name, signature, Social Security number, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, passport number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information Note: Some Personal Information included in this category may overlap with other categories.||YES|
|Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law||Age (40 years or older), race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex, gender/gender identity/gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, genetic information (including familial genetic information)||YES|
|Commercial Information||Records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing histories or tendencies||YES|
|Biometric Information||Genetic, physiological, behavioral, and biological characteristics, or activity patterns used to extract a template or other identifier or identifying information, such as fingerprints, faceprints, and voiceprints, iris or retina scans, keystroke, gait or other physical patterns and sleep, health, or exercise data||NO|
|Internet or other similar network activity||Browsing history, search history, information on a consumer’s interaction with a website, application, or advertisement||YES|
|Geolocation data||Physical location or movements||NO|
|Sensory data||Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information||NO|
|Professional or employment related information||Current or past job history or performance evaluations||YES|
|Non-public education information (per the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. Section 1232g, 34 C.F.R. Part 99))||Education records directly related to a student maintained by an educational institution or party acting on its behalf, such as grades, transcripts, class lists, student schedules, student identification codes, student financial information, or student disciplinary records||YES|
|Inferences drawn from other Personal Information||Profile reflecting a person’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes||NO|
Personal Information does not include:
- Publicly available information from government records
- De-identified or aggregated consumer information.
- Information outside CCPA's scope such as:
- Communicating with you via social media platforms;
- Personalizing your online experience and providing advertisements, content, or features that match your profile and interests;
- Monitoring and analyzing trends, usage, and activities;
- Administering sweepstakes, contests, promotions, and surveys.
HOW WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
All of the categories of Personal Information we collect about you come from the following categories of sources:
- Directly from you - for example, from your account registration to our service, forms on our websites, any posts or comments you make on our websites, surveys you complete, or employment applications for job postings.
- Our affiliate businesses - for example, from Simucase, LLC, SpeechPathology.com, LLC, OccupationalTherapy.com, LLC, Audiology Holdings, LLC d/b/a AudiologyOnline, and/or PhysicalTherapy.com, LLC.
- Third parties - for example, from analytics providers such as Google Analytics, state licensure associations, or authorities.
In particular, we have collected the following categories of Personal Information from California consumers within the twelve (12) months preceding your request.
HOW WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION
- To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information. For example, if you share your name and contact information to ask a question about our products or services, we will use that Personal Information to respond to your inquiry. If you provide your Personal Information to purchase a product or service, we will use that information to process your payment and facilitate delivery. We may also save your Personal Information to facilitate new product orders or process refunds. If you submit a review of our products or your experience with Continued, we may post that submission on our websites, without identifying you by your full name or address.
- To provide, support, personalize and develop our websites, products and services
- To process your requests, purchases, transactions, and payments to prevent transactional fraud
- To provide you with support and to respond to your inquiries, including to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve our responses
- To personalize your experience on our websites and to deliver content and product and service offerings relevant to your interests, including targeted offers and ads through our websites, through third-party sites, and via email or text message (with your consent, where required by law)
- To help maintain the safety, security and integrity of our websites, products and services, databases, and other technology assets and our business
- For testing, research, analysis, and product development, including to develop and improve our websites, products, and services
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations
- As described to you when collecting your Personal Information or as otherwise set for in the CCPA
- To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Continued’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by Continued about users of our websites, our customers, and individuals is among the assets transferred
Continued will not collect additional categories of Personal Information or use the Personal Information we collected for materially different, unrelated or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
HOW WE SHARE PERSONAL INFORMATION
We share your Personal Information with the following categories of third parties:
- Service Providers. We engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to us, including hosting and maintenance, error monitoring, debugging, performance monitoring, billing, customer relationship, database storage and management, and direct marketing campaigns. We may share your Personal Information with these third parties but only to the extent necessary to perform these functions and provide such services. We also require these third parties to maintain the privacy and security of the Personal Information they process on our behalf.
- Law Enforcement Agencies. We cooperate with government and law enforcement officials or private parties to enforce and comply with the law. To the extent permitted under applicable law, we may disclose any information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we believe is necessary or appropriate: to investigate, respond to, and defend against claims, for legal process (including subpoenas); to protect the property and rights of Continued or a third party; to protect Continued against liability; for the safety of the public or any person; to prevent or stop any illegal, unethical, fraudulent, abusive, or legally actionable activity; to protect the security or integrity of our websites and services and any equipment used to make the websites and services available; or to comply with the law.
DISCLOSURES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION FOR A BUSINESS PURPOSE
|Personal Information categories listed in the California Consumer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e))||YES|
|Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law||YES|
|Internet or other similar network activity||YES|
|Professional or employment-related information||YES|
|Non-public education information (per the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. Section 1232g, 34 C.F.R. Part 99))||YES|
|Inferences drawn from other personal information||YES|
SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
In the past 12 months, Continued may have shared your Personal Information for other business purposes such as marketing. However, we are providing you an option to opt out for potential future transfers of Personal Information as stated above. Additionally, if you opt out now, we will limit our use of your Personal Information for certain targeted advertising.
OTHER CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, you have the right to request us to disclose the identity of any third parties to whom we have disclosed Personal Information within the previous calendar year, along with the type of Personal Information we disclosed, for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. Please note that we are only required to respond to a customer request once during any calendar year and only if we are covered by such California Civil Code section. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, contact us through our privacy form available here or email@example.com. Please be aware that not all information sharing is covered by this California law and only information sharing that is covered will be included in our response. We reserve the right not to respond to requests submitted to other email addresses, phone numbers, or mailing addresses.
If you want to submit a request for your Personal Information or a request to delete your Personal Information, you may do so in one of the following ways:
- By submitting the online Privacy Request Form
- By submitting an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any other questions, please contact us at email@example.com.