Continued Early Childhood Education offers online courses to help you meet your CDA renewal requirements. Membership includes access to the entire library of 250+ practical, research-based training courses, including CDA renewal courses that you can take to earn the 45 clock hours (4.5 CEUs) you need.
Continued courses are also accepted by most state registries,* and course completion certificates are provided.
We currently offer CDA renewal packages for Family Child Care, Preschool, and Infant-Toddler settings.
*To see which courses meet your state registry requirements, search the Course Library and select your state from the State Approvals menu.
How to get started
- Select the CDA package for your setting above.
- Each setting package contains five parts (Part A through Part E) that total 45 clock hours as required for CDA renewal.
- Complete coursework at your own pace. We recommend registering for and completing only one part at a time.
- Take the exam for each part. A certificate of completion will be provided for each part once you pass the exam.
- See FAQ for details.
Renewing your CDA
Your CDA credential must be renewed every three years and may only be renewed for the original setting, age level, and specialty.
What you’ll need for renewal:
- Documentation of completion of one of the following: 4.5 CEUs; a three-credit hour college course from an accredited college or university; or 45 clock hours in early childhood education and/or child development
- 80 hours of experience working with children. Experience must be specific to your credential type, completed within the past year, and verified by a reviewer who is an ECE professional. You will also need a letter of recommendation from your ECE reviewer.
- Membership in an ECE professional organization (must be current at time of application)
- First aid and infant/child (pediatric) CPR certification (must be current at time of application)
CDA Renewal Resources
Continued ECE memberships include the following:
Learn on your own schedule, at your own pace, and earn all the hours you want.
The course library is developed and overseen by an experienced team of early childhood education specialists and industry professionals.
Access continuing education courses and content anywhere, on any device, including your phone and tablet.
We offer courses in multiple formats (video, audio, and text) that fit your lifestyle and learning style.
Our courses will give you the skills you need to succeed. Courses address core competencies and other valuable ECE topics.
Learn, Earn, & Track
See and track your courses at a glance. Course completion certificates are provided, and Continued is an IACET Accredited Provider of CEUs.