The global pandemic has limited in-person gatherings of all kinds and forced countless activities to shift online. For working, learning, and socializing, one of the year's most widely-used tools for connecting was Zoom. In fact, it was Apple’s most downloaded app of 2020.
As a leader in online learning and the virtual workplace, Continued recognized Zoom as a “best in class” tool even before its rise in popularity during the pandemic and fully transitioned all webinars to the platform last year.
“With over one million course completions across Continued’s family of education websites in 2020 alone, we are extremely proud that 97% of our learners reported a user experience free from technical challenges,” said Leigha Jansen, EdD, CPACC, director of educational technology. “Offering our webinars via Zoom is one of the ways we offer an exceptional user experience for our members and our presenters.”
Want to get the most out of your Continued Zoom experience? Our team compiled these tips:
- To participate in a Continued webinar, all that is required is access to a computer or mobile device with the free Zoom application installed.
- Download and install the Zoom application on your device from the App Store or Google Play, and be sure to check for updates regularly.
- We recommend you log in to a live webinar 15 minutes ahead of the scheduled start time in case there are any login issues with your computer.
- Instead of using the internal microphone on your computer or other device, use a headset or earbuds with a microphone for a clean, clear sound and minimal background noise.
- Check your speakers, microphone, and connection prior to Zooming at www.zoom.us/test.
- To ask a question of the presenter during a live webinar, simply type your question in the Zoom Q&A. Type your message in the Q&A window and click to send your message. You may select to send your questions anonymously.
- If you are unable to successfully join the Zoom test meeting, please contact Continued’s customer experience team immediately at 833-726-2408 so that we can assist you.