continued provides high-quality education to thousands of professionals annually through AudiologyOnline, SpeechPathology.com, OccupationalTherapy.com, PhysicalTherapy.com, and continued Early Childhood Education.
The editors of continued's family of continuing education websites have rounded up their top course picks focused on providing telehealth services. Their selections include courses from leading experts in the fields of audiology, speech-language pathology, occupational therapy, and physical therapy.
EDITOR PICKS | TELEHEALTH:
From Christy Huynh, AuD, managing editor of AudiologyOnline:
- Tele-Audiology Today: Research, Practical Demonstrations, and Fundamentals, presented in partnership with Salus University:
- 20Q: Teleaudiology - The Future is Now
- Telehealth: Tips and Tricks Learned from Providing Virtual Care to Veterans
- Telehealth & Technology Applications in Audiology Care
- 20Q: Audiology to the People - Combining Technology and Connectivity for Services by Telehealth
From Amy Hansen, MA, CCC-SLP, managing editor of SpeechPathology.com
- Telepractice: A Day in the Life of a Pediatric Teletherapist - the Inside Scoop
- Telepractice: What You Need to Know for Practical Application in Pediatrics
- Connecting to Communicate:
- Telepractice: Using Distance Technology to Connect, Communicate, & Enhance Language Learning in Young Children with Hearing Loss
From Fawn Carson, OTD, OTR/L, ATP, managing editor of OccupationalTherapy.com
- Telehealth OT: Using Pediatric Case Studies to Inform Practice (available May 28)
- Telehealth Terminology, Evidence-Supported Clinical Applications, and Practice Considerations for Occupational Therapy Practitioners
- Telehealth: Information and Tips for Pediatric Therapy Toolbox
- OT Virtual Cafe: Occupational therapists, occupational therapy assistants, recent OT grads, OT students, and other OT community members are invited to join the OT Virtual Cafe, a forum for OccupationalTherapy.com to host periodic live chats. Two recent chats centered on telehealth and can be viewed by joining the group.
From Calista Kelly, PT, DPT, ACEEAA, Cert. MDT, managing editor of PhysicalTherapy.com
- Telehealth (Digital Practice) Implementation: Considerations and Road Map (available May 22)
- Innovative Treatments for Patients Post-Stroke Across the Continuum of Care – Evidence-Based Strategies to Improve Outcomes (available June 10)
"continued has been fortunate to work with leading experts in telehealth to build a library of courses to help clinicians develop their skills and confidence in providing effective teleservices while also meeting their professional development needs." — Carolyn Smaka
"Although telehealth is well-established in some organizations for some uses, the current pandemic has required many clinicians to provide remote services without any previous experience or guidance," said Carolyn Smaka, AuD, continued editor in chief. "Over the years, continued has been fortunate to work with leading experts in telehealth to build a library of courses to help clinicians develop their skills and confidence in providing effective teleservices while also meeting their professional development needs."