This is a virtual, work-from-home position. Must be located in the U.S.
We are growing! Join a department of developers, business analysts, QA, and support specialists who support a company of nearly 100 people with industry-leading web applications in areas of subscription-based continuing education, ecommerce, content management, and more.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
We are continued. We are fast-paced, nimble, and laugh a lot. We all work from home offices in various locations across the country. We are dynamic, engaged, highly motivated and highly skilled. We are passionate about our work and our professions and we’re looking for another team member to join our cause. We are certified as a great workplace and ranked in the top 50 2018 Best Small Business Workplaces by the independent analysts at Great Place to Work®. Learn more about us at continued.com.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Though we are virtual, we communicate a lot and have a tight-knit group. Our meetings are filled with sarcasm, laughter, and movie quotes. We meet face-to-face several times a year but work primarily using team collaboration tools. Everyone works hard, we contribute directly to the success of the company, and we have an excellent work/life balance.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Reporting to the Director of the PMO, we are seeking an experienced and engaged SENIOR TECHNICAL PROJECT MANAGER who is motivated, creative, and fun to add to our small team of Project Managers and Business Analysts.
- Full-Time, 8a-5p in your time zone
- Work from your home office
- Company-provided MacBook Pro and peripherals. Benefits, including Internet stipend, generous PTO, Wellness benefit, etc.
- Must be located in the United States and be legally eligible to work for us.
- Travel is required for an annual company meeting, and may be required at other times during the year to attend team and/or project meetings.
- Manage major web application projects from kickoff through development and QA.
- Produce, organize, and update project plans, documentation, and project asset documents as required by each project.
- Develop and execute communication plans on a project-by-project basis.
- Organize and oversee bug and feature request tracking.
- Work directly with Product Owners and the IT Business Analyst to assist stakeholders in developing project specifications and keeping functional site documentation up to date.
- Guide projects through effective change control processes.
- Write and archive final project reports that summarize project successes, challenges, regression analysis and lessons learned.
- Along with the PMO, help to refine our internal project management process and best practices, as we continue to grow and scale as a company.
- Help guide Agile adoption throughout organization.
Self-management and time management are critical in this role. Without it, you will not be successful. Other requirements include:
- A communication professional – must be able to explain technical issues to a non-technical person, pleasantly (we are always on Skype with stakeholders), and work with highly-technical developers.
- PMP and/or PMI-ACP certification, or other industry standard certification preferred.
- Solid technical background, with understanding or hands-on experience in software development and web technologies.
- 5-10 years experience managing technical web/ecommerce projects.
- Experience with both waterfall and Agile (or Agile hybrid) project management environments is preferred.
- Experience working from home and managing projects remotely.
- Highly-attentive to detail, able to cross all the t's and dot all the i's every time.
- Strong ability to scale and customize project management approach on a project-by-project basis using internal best practices, industry-standard PMI/PMBOK techniques, Agile approaches, and some degree of magic.
- Experience with Jira and Confluence is preferred.
- Eager to research and learn in a self-directed way (always improving).
- Easygoing, fun, and a team player – must be able to comprehend highly advanced forms of sarcasm.
We prefer a great/interested/excited project manager with less experience to an unmotivated or unengaged project manager with tons of experience.
Submit a cover letter with your resume that includes 1) why you would make a great addition to our team; 2) a link to a favorite clip on YouTube; and 3) your salary requirements. Submissions without this information will not be considered.