Do you love being a part of a dynamic and innovative team? Do you enjoy the excitement of developing simulation-based learning activities and collaborating with master level SLP clinicians? Do you want to be challenged every day and be on the cutting edge in simulation-based education for SLP undergraduate and graduate students?
Simucase (sister company to continued.com) is looking for a talented, driven Managing Editor to support the Editor in Chief in the development and maintenance of all online SLP simulations and creation of patient video observations with knowledge base questions. This position is focused on creating exceptional learning experiences for our members.
A leader in virtual simulation-based education, Simucase is comprised of passionate individuals dedicated to providing a fun, meaningful, and individualized learning experience that enhances the lives and careers of the students and professionals we serve. We are fast-paced, engaged, and highly motivated. We all work from home offices in various locations across the country. Learn more about us at simucase.com.
Simulation Library Development and Support: Strategically develop and maintain the simulation library based on university program course offerings, following procedures and protocols to secure protected health information. Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Assist in the recruitment and identification of individual patient simulations based off university program needs - simulations may be submitted by university faculty members, practicing SLPs and/or patients
- Work collaboratively with independent contractor(s) who submit simulation information to design an assessment and/or intervention plan for the simulation library
- Complete all necessary elements for a patient simulation: case history/patient background information, collaborators, assessments/intervention activities, diagnoses and recommendations/summaries
- Manage and assist with uploading of all patient files into the Simucase™ administration system
- Program new simulations in the Simucase™ administration system
- Assist with ongoing maintenance of current patient simulations
Patient Video Library with Question Knowledge Base Development and Support: Strategically develop and maintain the patient video library based on university program course offerings, following procedures and protocols to secure protected health information. Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Assist in the recruitment and identification of individual patient videos based off university program needs - videos may be submitted by practicing SLPs, contracted locations, and/or patients
- Review/edit/revise questions to add to patient videos to promote critical thinking and active participation. Questions can be submitted by publishers, practicing SLPs, or written by the managing editor
- Upload and embed questions into the Simucase Patient Video Library videos
Tele-Supervision Services Support: Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Lead tele-supervision sessions for university cohorts who have purchased supervision services
- Facilitate pre-brief and debrief discussions
- Complete all paperwork and student evaluations as outlined in the agreed upon schedule
General Duties: The SLP Managing Editor takes part in the general operations of the website to coordinate development efforts with other departments. Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Work with universities and students to support Simucase sales and education
- Provide quality assurance for new project initiatives to support Simucase development
- Assist marketing efforts and initiatives by providing academic knowledge and expertise
- Assist in collaborative research projects with universities and develop and present presentations and educational lectures
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- MA or higher
- CCC-SLP with 3+ years clinical work experience
- High level of comfort learning new technologies
- Top notch written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well with a team
- Extremely reliable and motivated to go the extra mile
- Experience with simulation-based education is preferred
- Ability to work from home during regular business hours
- Ability to travel occasionally for an annual company meeting, out-of-state trade shows and team member meetings
Performance Measurements: The SLP Managing Editor will be held accountable and performance will be evaluated on the following:
- Simulation development schedule: Production of 1 simulation every 2 months in accordance with development timelines and budgets;
- Patient video library and knowledge base question publication schedule: 10 new interactive observation videos with questions per month and adding questions to all videos currently in the library in accordance with development timelines; and
- Content Evaluations: Consistently average to above average simulation and question evaluations.
We value attention to detail. Applications that fail to follow these simple steps will not be considered. Include a cover letter with your resume. In your cover letter please provide 1) A short paragraph outlining an exciting simulation idea for SLP graduate students; and 2) your salary requirements.