Must be a U.S. resident and eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
Do you have a natural curiosity for problem solving and love collaborating with teams? Do you have a talent for keeping things simple and focused and identifying pain points in technical products and services to help make good products great? Does an entrepreneurial company, team, and environment help you perform at your peak?
About Our Company
A leader in online continuing education for health and education professionals for 20 years, continued is comprised of passionate individuals dedicated to providing an unparalleled online learning experience that enhances the lives and careers of the professionals we serve. We are a fast-paced, nimble organization of highly dedicated, professional, and passionate individuals enjoying what we do. We are certified as a great workplace by the independent analysts at Great Place to Work®, and ranked #6 on the Best Small Workplaces in the US in 2019. Learn more about us at continued.com.
We are seeking a Product Manager with strong technical acumen to assist in maintaining current products/services and to assist in the development of new products and features based on feedback from key stakeholders and customer usage data. This position will work closely with the business development manager, product and project manager counterparts, business systems analyst, development leads, SMEs and QA engineers to not only define product release requirements, but to ensure current products/services are operating optimally and according to specifications. Product and development teams adhere to a pod-like structure format, focusing on specific aspects or areas within the system. This position will work with two or more pods exclusively in the areas of billing, sales and career center services.
- Understands and adheres to the overarching continued product vision, strategy, and 5 year rolling roadmap consistent with our overall strategic plan.
- Meets with multi-functional subject matter experts (SMEs) for continuous learning of existing product lines targeting payment processing, career center services, corporate partner sales/services, etc).
- Assumes day-to-day management and responsibility for assigned products and services including product roadmap specifications/implementation.
- Prioritizes and makes definitive decisions on all product maintenance work and ticket backlogs for assigned product areas.
- Participates in day to day tactical work including: gathering requirements, writing effective user stories, defining acceptance criteria for items in the backlog, prioritizing the backlog, and attending Agile ceremonies.
- Engages in ongoing user acceptance testing and customer service insights based on customer feedback and needs from our existing product lines.
- Serves as the internal evangelist for all assigned product/service offerings.
- Assists in the development of new products and features by completing product requirements and product development programs; establishing time schedules with team members.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- 3+ years experience in web product management required
- Experience supporting/working with a sales team preferred
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Experience with and understanding of project management and product development for multiple web and mobile consumer products
- Experience writing clear and easily understood user stories, acceptance criteria and Product Requirement Documents (PRD’s)
- Strong technical acumen; comfort understanding and discussing technical concepts with developers
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience with eCommerce, payment processing, and subscription management a plus
- Extremely motivated and energized by big challenges; willingness to work within and learn applications in a self-directed manner
- Strong analytical skills - able to provide innovative solutions to complex problems
- Obsessed with simplicity and making data-driven product decisions
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to think ahead and anticipate problems, issues and solutions
- An organized and detailed thinker - you carefully plan projects and make detailed lists
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills - enjoy collaborating, communicating, and working closely with people from a wide variety of backgrounds
- Your passion for providing the best possible user experience motivates you to work tirelessly to help the team deliver
- Must be a U.S. resident and eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
- Ability to work from your home office Mon-Fri, 8a-5p in your time zone
- Travel occasionally for company and department meetings
The Product Manager’s success will be measured and evaluated by the following metrics:
- Increase in overall organizational clarity, pace and delivery, expressed in metrics such as timely release of backlog tickets, quality products, customer satisfaction, and overall system performance;
- Management, prioritization and decision-making ability of ongoing development tickets related to the weaknesses and improvement of current products/services; and
- Completion of post-product development evaluations from internal and external stakeholders to determine how well results were achieved.
We value attention to detail. Applications that fail to follow these simple steps will not be considered. Include a cover letter with your resume. In your cover letter please include 1) an example of a product(s) you currently manage and specific areas where you are contributing successfully to its future development state (any emphasis within the online education industry is a plus); and 2) your salary requirements. Submissions without this information will not be considered.