Are you passionate about continuing education and the use of technology in education? Do you ardently seek opportunities for continued professional development? Do you have strong communication skills, an attention to detail, and a tireless commitment to contributing to the professional development of others? Does an entrepreneurial company, high performing team, and virtual work environment help you perform at your peak?
continued is seeking an Instructional Technology Coordinator to assist with the development of online courses and webinars for the professionals we serve by participating in the preparation of content and presenters. This position will also ensure that courses adhere to best practices in continuing education in accordance with established policies and procedures. The Instructional Technology Coordinator will work collaboratively with the educational technology, editorial and continuing education administration teams to produce quality, relevant continuing education content for our members.
A leader in online education, our company is comprised of passionate individuals dedicated to providing an exceptional online learning experience that enhances the lives and careers of the professionals we serve. We are certified as a great workplace and ranked #6 on the list of 2019 Best Small Business Workplaces by the independent analysts at Great Place to Work®. Learn more about us at continued.com.
- Assist with preparation, editing, facilitation and support of online courses
- Train presenters and internal employees on the use of our virtual classroom
- Manage (prepare, review and upload) online course materials from presenters for production purposes
- Provide real-time support for course moderators/presenters/participants for live webinars and virtual conferences
- Manage/convert courses into alternative online learning formats (video, audio, text)
- Participate in quality assurance testing of the continuing education platform
- Collaborate with managing editors, continuing education administrators, and continuing education managers as needed
- Collaborate on other education projects as needed
The Instructional Technology Coordinator will be held accountable and performance will be evaluated on the following:
- Timely and accurate management and organization of course related materials
- Timely conversion to and management of alternative online learning formats
- Management of the continuing education event calendar
- Project-related deliverables throughout the year
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Degree in Education preferred
- Solid written and verbal communication skills, and strong interpersonal skills to communicate clearly with all internal and external team members
- Proficiency with personal computers, Mac, PowerPoint, and the Google products suite
- Experience with Adobe Connect or other webinar platform, preferred
- Experience with content authoring platforms (i.e. Captivate, Articulate) and video editing software (i.e. Premiere)
- A foundation of knowledge in online learning practices and technology to provide support and direction within the online classroom, ensuring learning efficiencies
- Sound technical skills with the ability to demonstrate problem solving expertise in the online classroom
- Ability to meet productivity expectations in a fast-paced environment with high levels of attention to detail
- US resident, eligible to work in the US full-time
- Able to work from home during regular business hours
- Able to travel occasionally for department and company meetings
We value attention to detail. Applications that fail to follow these simple steps will not be considered. Please provide a cover letter with your resume. In your cover letter please include 1) a short paragraph describing a challenging technical problem that required efficient problem solving and exceptional customer service; and 2) your salary requirements.