Continued offers online courses to help you apply for the Child Development Associate (CDA) Credential™, which is awarded by the Council for Professional Recognition.
A Continued Early Childhood Education membership includes access to the entire library of 200+ practical, research-based training courses, including CDA courses that you can take to earn the 120 clock hours you need to apply for your CDA Credential.
CDA application process overview
- Complete at least 120 hours of training, including at least 10 hours in each of the eight CDA subject areas. Continued offers CDA Credential packages that meet these requirements for Family Child Care, Preschool, and Infant-Toddler settings. These packages are included with Continued membership ($99/year); there are no additional fees.
- If you do not have a high school diploma or GED, you must be an enrolled junior or senior in an ECE high school career/technical program.
- In the three years prior to submitting your application, you must obtain 480 hours of relevant professional experience.
- In the six months prior to submitting your application, you must prepare your CDA Professional Portfolio, collect family questionnaires, and find a CDA Professional Development Specialist™.
- Apply online or submit a print application, and submit the application fee.
- On approval of your application, the Council for Professional Recognition will notify you.
- Schedule your CDA Verification Visit™ and CDA Exam.
- A Council committee will decide whether to award you the CDA Credential or if you need additional training.